Today Steffi Tinder from ThoughtWorks decided to spend her day off coaching and motivating us. We are impressed by her positivity and super grateful for her encouragement! :D
- again: developers LOVE efficiency, that’s why they'd rather build a program doing stuff for them than doing the stuff on their own. Like transpec or dos2linux or erb2haml, who make changes for you automatically
- found out that our first pull request was merged!
- still tried to fix the last failure (which was a bit of a hassle). Since we couldn't do it at first we eliminated the warnings in order to have cleaner code and because warnings might become failures in later versions. Also we learnt that not doing so means being ignorant and rude :(
- fixed last failing / pending test
- committed and pushed but something is still wrong, Erik suggested to write a little program for this. A good plan for tomorrow...
- spend the afternoon with going through some basic definitions like API, continuous integration, test driven development.